Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!! It's hard to believe that another year has come and gone so quickly!! Another part of the great book in my life has been written. Another part full of memories and experiences both good and bad. It almost seems too fast....How I wish I could go back and change some things but, its time to move on. And I welcome this new year, the year of 2012 with open arms and a willing mind and heart. I am excited and nervous for this year.

How will this year be? No one can say for sure. There's so much waiting in store. It is up to us to make this year what we want it to be. To pursue the most inner desires and dreams of our hearts. To stretch ourselves, to make new goals, polish up on old ones and to take a moment to reflect on events and things last year that changed us. Made us a better person, a little wiser, a little more humble. To take what we learned from last year and make this year even better than the last. 

As I have taken a moment to reflect back on last year, I am truly grateful for all the many blessings I received. There are so many that I can't begin to name them all. But, to mention just a select few:

1. My Heavenly Father and Savior. I can't even begin to describe my love, appreciation, gratitude and thanks to both of them. I'm not sure where to even start. So much can be said to them and about them. They have carried me through EVERYTHING. They have walked with me in my darkest times and my lowest times. They have given my strength, peace and comfort when no one else could. These past 2 years have been especially hard and they were always right there with me. I could always feel their presence and their love. 

2. My loving family. They have stuck by me through thick and thin. They have supported me in everything that I've done...Good decisions and bad. They've given me their love and have shown me that they really care about me. I couldn't have made it this far in my life without them, I'm sure there are times when they wanted to grab me, shake me and say "what are you doing?!? Are you stupid?!?" But, instead, they showed me through their examples the error of my ways and helped me to get back on track and become a better person and to become the person they know I am. To help me achieve my goals and my dreams. I couldn't have asked for a better family and I love them dearly.

3. My Beautiful Fiance, Brittany. I am so grateful that I found her. She is my best friend. My nurse, my therapist, my partner, my chef, my organizer, my comforter, my support, my snuggle buddy, my equal. She is all those things and so much more! I love her with all my heart and soul and couldn't ask for a better lover and partner. The journey we have made thus far, finding each other and discovering the love we have had for each other all this time has been quite an interesting experience but, I wouldn't trade it for anything! I can't wait for her to be my wife and to start a new journey with her! Thank you for making this year a good one Brittany! :) I love you!

I'm not certain what this year will bring but, this much I am certain of, if I have My Heavenly Father, my family, my wife-to-be and all my friends by my side....I will be able to conquer this year and take it head one with full confidence knowing that no matter what happens, I'll be okay. 2012 this is what I have to say to you "Come what may, and love it!" bring it on!! 


1 comment:

Brittany Nicole said...

:) Thank you, honey. I got a little teary-eyed reading this. You're so sweet. <3 I love you! I can't wait for another year of fun with my Jason!